Monday, September 15, 2014

Jhene Aiko

Jhene Aiko


       Alright I know that everyone is so in love with Jhene Aiko. Let me start off with the fact that she uses word play with her songs. For those of you who don't know what wordplay is it's tricking listeners basically. For example, you ever click a link on the internet and instead of what you wanted it to be it's completely different? Same thing when it comes to music. I do a lot of wordplay in my music as well, so that's really what has drawn me to her. My concern is can she be over doing it? Wordplay is good to draw people in but I'm not sure if every song you write should be from that angle. Next thing I absolutely love about her is that she is writing from her feelings and past experiences. Now I know that every artist (for the most part) does this but her interview on The Breakfast Club is why I even care. In the interview she made it clear that right now in her life she is only writing from her feelings and past experiences. Songwriting doesn't have to be like that, you can tell someone else's story. Here is another concern, most of her feelings and past experiences aren't good or anything upbeat. In the interview she also said that until she is done with her stories she will keep writing them. So how long are we going to be listening to the same type of songs or sounds. I'm a fan and probably will always be, so I wouldn't care if she was "In" or not. My question is do people think she will have longevity?


Live, Love, Laugh!♥

No comments:

Post a Comment