Friday, November 12, 2010

Black Girls That Rock! Review

  • Jill Scott opening performance was hot!! She looks great.
  • Amiya Alexander - owned her own business since the age of 9. She has a mobile dance academy in Detroit. The academy teaches Ballet Jazz Tap Salsa and Hip Hop. Also giving out scholarships to kids who aren’t able to afford it.
  • I hated Shontelle’s performance - weak voice I don’t know why she sounded like that. Does she always???
  • Teresa Clarke - Founded Africa.com. The first black female managing director in the investment banking division.
  • Keri Hilson’s outfits were so cute as well as her hair. Now as her performance … it was okay.
  • All I have to say about KeKe Palmer is that I just absolutely love her! With Raven Symone I feel the same way.
  • Now one of my favorite parts of the show was Missy Elliott (and my moms favorite as well).
  • The honoring of Ruby Dee was just beautiful. To see how much she has done in her lifetime is amazing. That was just a big highlight of the show for me. Because I felt like she was so humble. And sometimes I was thinking “Wow” How can she not be big headed? But just think, it she had let the fame get to her where would her career be?
  • Major General Marcelite J. Harris just showed another side of women in the air force. It showed us that you can be just as successful in this area as men! She was the first black women to be a general in the air force as well as the first black women to be a Major General in the nation! Not adding that she is the most powerful women in the entire department of defense.
  • Keyshia Coles performance was hot but not the clothing!!!! WTF!?
  • And my last but not least favorite part of the show … Kelly Price, Jill Scott, Ledisi, and Marsha Ambrosius of Floetry. Their performance was beautiful beyond words.
  • And my last but not least favorite part of the show was Fantasia, Kelly Price, Ledisi and Marsha. “I’m Every Women”! You go girls!!!
  • Congratulations to the Black Girls who Rock!

Blogger Templates
Live, Love & Laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment